The land later known as the Goodrich Park was donated to the City by Elizabeth Goodrich in August of 1915. The first twenty acres on the Northeast corner of Winchester was a part of the original farm of the Goodrich Park. The land had its own irrigation system and was mainly a fruit orchard. The original plans of the park from the beginning were designated as an International Arboretum. There are more than 40 different types of trees in the park. They were planted in a pre-planned method of memorials. More acres of land have been donated over the past 70 years. The City has a total of 97 acres in the Winchester Parks System within the city limits with activities for all ages.