WINCHESTER OFFERS A HIGH QUALITY OF LIFE
The City of Winchester is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. You can enjoy local festivals, visit historic downtowns, watch breathtaking sunsets over a cornfield, and gaze in awe at 300+ foot wind turbines without leaving the county. There are many other contributors to our great quality of life including:
- A wealth of housing options ranging from historic homes near the courthouse square to new construction at the golf course or homesteads in the country.
- Low cost of living (East Central Indiana is about 92% of the national average).
- Great work-life balance.
- Close proximity to world-class educational institutions.
- Close to the cultural amenities of Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Cincinnati, and Dayton.
- Variety of recreational opportunities ranging from city parks to a 27-hole golf course to the Winchester Speedway.
- Vibrant community spirit and downtown revitalization activity.
- Short commute times.
- Temperate four-season climate.
- Cleanliness, friendliness, and safety.