Goodrich Park

  • Phone
    765-584-2645

About This Location

Covered BridgeThe land later known as the Goodrich Park was donated to the City by Elizabeth Goodrich in August of 1915. The first twenty acres on the Northeast corner of Winchester was a part of the original farm of the Goodrich Park. The land had its own irrigation system and was mainly a fruit orchard.
 
The original plans of the park from the beginning were designated as an International Arboretum. There are more than 40 different types of trees in the park. They were planted in a pre-planned method of memorials.
 
The park department is currently cataloging these trees and their memorial past. More acres of land have been donated over the past 70 years. We have a total of 97 acres in the Winchester Parks System within the city limits. We offer many activities for all ages.
 
 
Goodrich Park offers Tennis Courts, 4 Ball Diamonds, Several playground areas, 4 Shelters, Restrooms, Volleyball, Skate Park, Pool and Amphitheatre.  The north end of the park is a beautiful area to walk and fish.  With an abundance of trees and wildlife located beside White River offers enjoyment for any age.

Facilities At This Location

Amenities

  • Playground
  • Basketball Court
  • Shelter
  • Picnic Table

Contact Us

113 E. Washington St.
PO Box 408
Winchester, IN 47394
Get Directions
  • Phone: 765-584-6845
  • Fax: 765-584-6171
  • Staff Directory